By: Gabriela Yareliz
Brain-dump edition (these are always random):
1) We will always need our moms.
2) It is amazing when someone who knows what he or she is talking about comes to your aid and defense. It’s a good feeling. I suppose this is how our clients feel when we represent them in court.
3) Dear Donald Trump,
Did you forget that the majority of Miss. Universe titles have been won by Latinas? There is no Miss. Universe pageant without us, and now, we are showing you. We are honorable, hard working people who are now teaching you a lesson in human dignity and respect.
4) We idealize superheroes because we recognize that evil can be found at the turn of a corner, and we need to be saved from ourselves and the monsters we create.
5) No matter what the world says, purity and integrity are still sacred.
6) Today, my mom and I saw two elderly friends run into each other unexpectedly, and one said to the other, “You are still alive!” What a way to greet one another. The truth is, the fact that any of us is alive every morning we wake up is a gift.
7) While looking at an American clothing company ad I wondered, does the world think of us like that? Do teens around the world think we are dirty blonde teens in short-shorts on the shoulders of some muscular guy with a farmer’s tan and perfect wavy hair, running through fields with American flags draped on our shoulders? Do they think our schools are as brutal as the movies and TV portray? #weird #idontwearshortshorts
8) Dear Bar Prep Course Companies,
How many hours in a day do you think we have? Because we study for the bar, the gods give us 15 extra hours of stamina and focus on top of the regular 24 hours, apparently. Oh, and we don’t sleep, eat, or leave the house. We live in another dimension.
I am off to take a quiz, and I am going to take advantage of today’s 15 extra hours. *wink* Much love.